Monday, December 5, 2011

New Comics for the Week of 12-07-11

I know I'm running behind on last week's reviews, but this truck does not stop! Its Monday (Tuesday?!) and that means the New Comic Shipping List from Diamond is out! Lets see what's on the docket for this week!


2000 AD 1759. ACTION COMICS 4. MEN OF WAR 4. STORMWATCH 4. 
TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES MICRO-SERIES: RAPHAEL 1.

2000 AD 1759 - Ok, truth time. This title's inclusion is a bit of a fudge on my part. It does not actually appear on this week's shipping list. BUT ITS SUPPOSE TO. Last month 2000 AD's publisher Rebellion promised that 2000 AD would be coming out weekly in North America. Since then... that has not actually happened. Usually its two issues every two weeks, and is generally pretty erratic. I have hope that someday it will actually come out weekly. That all being said, this is the issue that is suppose to come out this week in a perfect world. And its still possible, because 2000 AD is notorious for showing up in shops even if it doesn't appear on a Diamond shipping list. So... fingers crossed, but don't hold your breath. I will review it when I get it in my mitts though.

ACTION COMICS 4 -Young Adult Superman in the iron grip of what I can only guess is a Automaton crafted by Brainiac out of tin-cans and bubble-gum. Rags Morales is a pretty nice artist. This cover is pleasant.





 



MEN OF WAR 4 - If there's on thing Men of War has, its really slick cover design. The special ops soldier combined with the rank insignia is very sleek. If I had one complain its that all the white lettering doesn't really read from range.



STORMWATCH 4 - A sweet action cover by interior artist Miguel Sepulveda with team powerhouse Apollo in full-on rage mode. I like it.









TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES MICRO-SERIES: RAPHAEL 1 - A very striking and if I may say 'indie' looking shot of one of the more interesting Ninja Turtles. I really like the coloring on this image.

No comments:

Post a Comment