Friday, November 25, 2011

Welcome!

Hello world!

I'm your host Jim Purcell. For a while now I've been looking for an outlet to blog about my passion. Comics. I can't get enough of comics. Comic books, graphic novels, web comics, digital comics; from America, Japan, Europe, or the UK it doesn't matter I love them all. It took a while for me to come up with a focused idea for starting a comic review blog, and for a while I thought I'd never find a hook. But then I realized I had a hook staring me in the face.

Every week, when new comics are announced by Diamond for shipping that week, I make a new 'Signature' image that I use on forums I frequent. Just to show a handful of comics out of the whole week's pull that I'm excited about. I like hunting for cover art, and shrinking them down as a little preview of my tastes. So here I have this image that I update every week like clockwork, that always contains the five comics that have really grabbed my attention that week. But why do I pick those particular comics? That sure sounds like a blogable topic to me!

So here's how it will work. On Monday of every week, when Diamond updates their shipping list, after I go through the process of making my signature image I will post it here and explain why I picked those particular titles.  Then when release day comes I'll read the books in question and post my thoughts about them, and if they lived up to my expectations.

Sound fun? I hope so.

Also I'm probably use this space to ramble a bit about the changing landscape of comics. We live in some very interesting times where comics are concerned. Their future both looks dire and wide open. And I have a few thoughts on the matter.

So welcome aboard. I hope you stick around!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jim, nice concept. Looking forward to your reviews. Your blog definitively is going into my feedreader.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh hey, welcome Bendrix. I was wondering if anyone would stumble in. Good to have you, and if I know people are reading it does give a little more incentive to keep going.

    ReplyDelete